Headquarters: Tustin, California
Ownership: Terumo Corporation (Japan)
Annual Sales: $33 million
Employees: Over 800
Description: MicroVention is a rapidly growing neuroendovascular medical device company that is pioneering and innovating the development of catheter-based technologies for the endovascular treatment of peripheral and cerebral vascular diseases, ischemic stroke and neurovascular malformations.
- MicroVention is a endovascular device company that has enjoyed year-over, double-digit sales growth since its inception in 1997. Strata-Media was retained by MicroVention in May, 2005. The company had just two devices and was void of consistent branding and messaging voice.
- Strata-Media was retained by MicroVention to re-vamp their corporate brand image and positioning, existing product lines, MicroPlex® and HydroCoil®, and HyperSoft™ as well as concept the brand strategy and execution for the new product launch of the V-Trak Delivery System™, a revolutionary advance to coil detachment featuring the V-Grip™, a hand-held detachment device.
- Strata-Media was charged with creating an updated corporate brand for both MicroVention and the V-Trak Delivery System product launch within an ambitious 6-week time frame. V-Trak was set to launch to the domestic marketplace in August, 2005.
- During a two week period, Strata concepted and successfully named the highly anticipated coil delivery system, V-Trak and its brand promise, Velocity. Simplicity., and launched this new product into the neuroendovascular marketplace.
- Within the four remaining weeks to the domestic product launch, Strata produced the following tactical support:
- Print ads for both V-Trak and HyperSoft in targeted neurology trade journals
- V-Trak System Direct mail postcard
- V-Trak System Product brochure
- Clinical datasheets for each: V-Trak, HydroLink, and HyperSoft
- A high-impact, dimensional deliverable for V-Trak which featured a dense, mold injected foam hand piece, simulating the V-Grip
- A 20 x 30 island booth display
- A 10 x 20 tradeshow booth display
- 4 – Clinical training binders
- V-Trak System In-service cards for OR use
Within the last 11 years, Strata successfully branded of all MicroVention’s existing product lines and their respective marketing and clinical support collateral.